The Jewish Wedding
The Hebrew word for marriage is Kiddushin, from the same root as Kadosh, meaning "holy." We can help you plan your simcha both logistically and spiritually. From having an Auf Ruf on Shabbat morning to having one of our clergy officiate your marriage ceremony, we look forward to the opportunity of sharing in your simcha.
All couples meet with the Rabbi twice before the wedding; ideally once about 9-12 months before the wedding, and again about 6-8 weeks before.
If the Hazzan is also to take part in the wedding, there will be two meetings with the couple.
Typically, the Shabbat prior to the wedding ceremony the couple is called to the Torah for an Aliyah and blessing.
Every legal procedure in Jewish life is confirmed by at least two "kosher" witnesses. These witnesses should not be of the immediate family. All Jewish documents must bear the signatures of two kosher witnesses. The witnesses have to witness three events during the wedding:
- The giving of a ring by the Chatan to the Kallah (the exchange of value);
- The handing over of the Ketubah (marriage contact) to the bride;
- And after the Chupah, the bride and groom go to a private room where they break their fast.
Congregation Beth El is proud to offer the largest social hall housed in a synagogue setting in Southern New Jersey.
- Our exquisite Social Hall has seating for 450, with a 1300 sq. foot dance floor and a large landscaped courtyard with paved patio for outdoor celebrations.
- Imported Jerusalem stone and marble throughout the entry and expansive lobby set the tone for your elegant affair.
- For weddings, we have a beautifully appointed bride’s room, spacious room for the groom’s tisch and space available for a Bedeken.
- The Sanctuary has warm cherry wood accents, stained glass windows and comfortable theatre style seats.
- Beth El is located just two hours north of Baltimore, 90 minutes outside of New York City and 30 minutes from Philadelphia.
- Work with our phenomenal exclusive caterer, Classical Caterers
Our facility can provide a most beautiful setting for your special event!
Click here to view a gallery of photos of our event spaces.
Click here to complete our facility rental form.
Click here to learn more about Classical Caterers.
To plan your wedding with us, please contact Leora Waiche at (856) 675-1166 x 415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org